President Barack Obama continued Chicago style tactics in the campaign after his poor debate performance. Obama's supporters and even his campaign team have either directly called GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney a liar or implied that he is.
Romney isn’t a liar—he doesn’t have to lie to challenge a president whose policies have choked the U.S. economy, free markets and the Bill of Rights to the point of near-asphyxiation.
Four years is a long record in real time, and if you look at various markers in Obama’s presidency, it’s obvious he has been untruthful about many things, including the 10 I list here. These are 10 of many deceptions I could have listed.
Ten Obama camp lies worth noting
- Didn’t know about God/Israel deletions from Democrats' official platform
- Joe Wilson’s ‘You Lie’ accusation against Obama proved valid—the ObamaCare Tax Bill as written at the time relied on self-reportage of information necessary for federal and other entitlements.
- Obama’s claim he wasn’t for the individual diktat forcing you to buy health insurance—he used it as campaign tactic to contrast himself with then Sen. Hillary Clinton. The bill Obama signed contained that illegal diktat.
- Obama supporter ads falsely claiming Romney actually killed a woman after Romney’s company closed her husband’s employer. The woman didn’t even have cancer until several years after he lost his job. Even Left-leaning “fact checkers” ruled the claim false.
- Obama, Democrats and centralized media meme “the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy.” They weren’t just for the wealthy as all will come to realize if the tax cuts expire.
- Obama’s autobiography was fictionalized—his “big dark woman”, aside from not being black but white instead, was seriously skewed when it came to details. Obama’s supporters claimed she was a “composite” character.
- Numerous fabrications in Obama’s resume surfaced, with a former co-worker saying in 2005 “I certainly know what he did there, and it bears only a loose resemblance to what he wrote in his book…”
- The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya—Obama was in a complete state of denial, continuing to blame an obscure film critical of Muslims for the attack. Even after news emerged from government sources that the attack was planned, and security requests had been sent to the State Dept., Obama continued to deny it.
- Obama’s self-contradictory bio—he didn’t question his literary agency bio for years. That bio claimed he was born in Kenya. No one can give a plausible explanation for why this happened because Obama also claimed he was born in Hawaii. Conservatives deserve a thump on the alongside centralized media for ignoring this self-contradiction.
- Obama’s repeated false claim that Romney will raise taxes on the middle class. This claim arose from a left-leaning study that imagined how Romney might go about implementing his plan. The claim was debunked by the nation’s oldest tax policy center that is truly nonpartisan.
(Commentary by Kay B. Day/Oct. 6,2012)