Glaring from today’s Google News page: ‘MoveOn ad equates presumptive GOP nominee Gov. Mitt Romney to Richard Nixon.’ CBS News featured the story that headline promoted.
Here’s the real reality buster—CBS quoted David Axelrod who called Romney "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon."
Axelrod's brain circuits overheated. Surely he meant to say Obama is "the most secretive candidate we've seen probably since Richard Nixon." There are a number of facts that substantiate my claim.
Personally, I think Romney should tell the Leftwingers and the Rightwingers obsessing over tax returns to obsess over the guy who’s already succeeded in passing at least 21 tax hikes.
Factually, there is no cloudier history than that of President Barack Obama, and when you consider how his policies have damaged our economy and our unity as a nation, you have to ask yourself who made this man’s head.
Here are a few “secretive” aspects of our current president’s history:
- He published a memoir and now admits fictionalized parts in the form of composite characters. Thing is, those composites aren’t so much composites as fabrications. Remember James Frey whose memoir A Million Little Pieces turned out to be full of exaggerations and fabrications? He was eviscerated by media and Obama fan Oprah.
- As different investigators have shown, Obama’s Selective Service card and his Social Security number are downright bizarre. The Selective Service card doesn’t look like others from the era when Obama allegedly registered and the Social Security card number originated in Connecticut. No mention of Connecticut in Obama’s musings on his past. Whassup?
- Senate records—this is one of the biggest potential coverups yet. Here’s what Judicial Watch said in 2008:
During a campaign stop last fall, Obama at first claimed he did not have any records of his eight years in the Illinois state legislature. “I don't have — I don't maintain — a file of eight years of work in the state Senate because I didn't have the resources available to maintain those kinds of records.
- College papers? Obama’s college records from Occidental, Columbia and Harvard. The president won’t release them. Where are the scholarly articles the former Law Review editor wrote?
- Obama’s personal bio issued from his literary agency lists Kenya as his birthplace. That bio remained in place for years.
Romney’s taxes are nothing more than an Obama-driven distraction. The governor has released the most recent year that’s complete and he said another one will be released soon.
Meanwhile, we have a president whose memoir is partly fictionalized, whose U.S. government personal documents raise a number of questions and whose state Senate records have gone missing.
Conservative media and voters should focus on which candidate can actually do the very difficult job of restoring stability in our country instead of routinely breaking laws to push political ideology, collectivism and cronyism.
Obama is a symbol of secrecy. Perhaps one day we will know his truths. After all, we finally learned about the secrets Democrats like Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy kept.
Meanwhile, Obama fought the release of White House visitor logs. Obama also blocked the release of information about the Fast and Furious scandal.
Hello, Mr. Axelrod?
(Commentary by Kay B. Day/July 18, 2012)
Related at The US Report