The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act otherwise known as ObamaCare has earned a new name from key Democrats—“train wreck.”
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), Obama’s captain in ramrodding the bill, and Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), commander of the reconciliation that stuck everyday Americans with one of the most poorly written, lobbyist-friendly bills in our history, both used the “train wreck” metaphor to describe a bill the Democrat Party promoted as though it was the second coming of Jesus or Pachamama, depending on your spiritual bent.
Thing is, that wrecked train had both Reid and Baucus at the wheel. And now in his customary deceptive manner, Reid is blaming Republicans.
Fact is, Dems have been part of repealing some unpopular taxes among the 20 or so tax hikes levied in what is mistakenly promoted as a healthcare bill. Take note:
· * The 1099 mandate is actually the second ObamaCare revenue-raiser to fall. Worried about the political fallout from private insurers exiting the Medicare program, the Obama administration rather transparently forestalled cuts to Medicare Advantage by granting $1.3 billion of “quality-based” bonuses to mediocre and low-performing MA plans. (Cato)
· * As Mallory Factor pointed out in his book Shadowbosses, the Cadillac Tax waiver, largely benefiting labor unions who aggressively lobbied for the bill, will cost taxpayers at least $120 billion because Democrats included the revenue from that tax as a means of paying for the bill. (The US Report)
· * The middle class will likely be hard hit. The most rabid supporters of this bill have admitted ObamaCare will not keep healthcare costs from continuing to rise, making a double lie of the bill’s official title, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Reason).
· *Democrats have scrambled in an effort to do something about the HIT tax in the bill now that they realize the damage it will do. (The US Report)
· *A majority of Senate Dems have voted to repeal the Medical Device Tax in Obamacare. There goes $29 billion more in “revenue” aka tax hikes.(Talking Points Memo)
As Wendy N. Powell pointed out, President Barack Obama’s administration has moved money from healthcare funds to pay for advertising this bill in a desperate attempt to ward off a potential catastrophe ahead of the 2014 midterm elections. Obama might be able to maintain a “Mr. Clean” image, but the Dems who answer to Joe and Susie down here on Main Street will not avoid the fallout even if legacy media continue to carry their water.
The bill is so poorly constructed that even Obama’s new Interior secretary got a waiver:
"Department of the Interior, REI CEO Sally Jewell, sought and received a waiver from Obamacare requirements for her outdoor clothing and equipment company in 2011." (The Daily Caller)
The bill is so troubling that members of Congress have panicked, seeing options to exempt their staffers and other insiders on Capitol Hill.
Adding insult to injury, Reid’s home state of Nevada also got a waiver.
The bill Democrats promised would protect us and keep healthcare “affordable” is another fraud perpetrated on the U.S. taxpayer and the working class. Many who don’t work or don’t carry insurance, including illegal aliens, will continue to seek healthcare at the emergency room and the taxpayer will pay.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an immigrant, a U.S. citizen, a welfare recipient, a labor union member, or black, white or brown. If you’re accountable and trackable by the Internal Revenue Service, ObamaCare is going to gouge you.
As the U.S. wades into medical folly and full-scale socialism, the United Kingdom is struggling with its own socialized healthcare, looking at introducing privatization. If you want to get an idea of the hysteria surrounding this necessary initiative, stroll through Twitter and read Tweets with the hashtag #NHS.
Remember how Dems faulted President George W. Bush for not fully funding the prescription drug act? That was a pittance compared to the behemoth we call ObamaCare.
PPACA is Harry Reid, Max Baucus’ and the Democrats’ train wreck and they know it. Finger pointing won’t change the truth no matter how much Reid stands on the Senate floor and attempts once again to deceive the people.
Democrats drove the healthcare train right off the tracks and Americans know it even if legacy media continue to lie on behalf of the party they support.
Finally, a note to women who voted with their "private parts" to reelect Dems: I hope you enjoy your new taxes, higher premiums and socialized healthcare.
Even Pachamama can't stop this manmade disaster.─(Analysis by Kay B. Day/May 3, 2013)
Read from hundreds of articles about PPACA/ObamaCare at The US Report.
To meet expenses and to be able to stay online, The US Report needs your support. If you’d like to contribute, please use the PayPal link in the sidebar. Follow us on Twitter: @TheUS Report.